Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Summary/Position Overview:
To provides support in the area of food and dining services to various communities within the Arbor portfolio; while demonstrating a culture of service excellence and resident focus. Fosters communication and a supportive network and resource for community-based staff. Promotes systems to improve quality outcomes and state/federal regulatory compliance, while ensuring safe business practices and company policies at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and motivates community-based dining services management staff to achieve operating efficiencies in quality of service, food and beverage, resident satisfaction and financial performance.
- Orients and trains newly hired food service directors.
- Provides on-site training as needed and leadership for associates and residents, proactively solving problems and issues.
- Promotes and supports utilization of standardized systems, guidelines, products, equipment.
- Oversees development and management of annual budgets for each community in region.
- Provides progress reports on all communities as assigned by supervisors.
- Stays current on all Food Safety and Sanitation Codes, ensures all government regulations are adhered to.
- Establishes partnerships with operations and other departments to accomplish goals.
- Assists in the development of food service and food safety related systems and guidelines.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with Arbor corporate personnel.
- Promotes all Arbor Communities in a positive manner and sets the example for company’s standards of excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or related field.
- Culinary training / experience.
- Previous management experience in senior housing or hospitality.
- Working knowledge and background of all aspects within food and beverage.
- Working knowledge of budgeting, expense control, inventory and par levels.
- Working knowledge of computer systems particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to read, write, and calculate recipes for food preparation.
- Ability to train staff on operations within the department.
- The right candidate should live in the greater Atlanta area, with the ability to travel routinely.