Buckhead is the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant restaurant scene. Simply drive up and down Peachtree and you’ll find more eateries than you could ever visit. So if a Buckhead retirement is on the horizon, rest easy knowing that the coming years will include plenty of great food options. Here are our picks for the best restaurants near Arbor’s Renaissance on Peachtree community:
Atlanta is foodie heaven. For unique fare and well-appointed dining areas, visit these fine dining establishments:
- The Capital Grille. For decades, this has been where Atlanta’s political elite do business. You may catch the governor or a cadre of legislators hammering out a deal. Even if you don’t, you’ll enjoy incredible steaks and fine wines.
- The Garden Room. This is where everyone in Atlanta goes for Instagram-worthy photos and gourmet meals. Check out the carousel horses and black truffle pillows.
- Bacchanalia. Long known as Atlanta’s finest eatery, Bacchanalia is pricey, but for good reason. Its seasonal offerings and inspired meals are the stuff of dreams.
- Canoe. Situated along the Chattahoochee River, Canoe is the perfect stop for an afternoon date, Easter brunch, or sunset meal.
- 5Church. 5Church is one of Atlanta’s trendiest dining establishments because of its thoughtfully curated menu, selection of beverages, and beautiful setting.
Breakfast and Brunch
Atlanta is famous for its amazing breakfasts and brunches. These eateries are the best:
- J. Christopher’s. This affordable staple of the Atlanta chain restaurant scene offers reliably good eggs for breakfast, brunch, and lunch.
- Buttermilk Kitchen. If you have a craving for rich pancakes, fried chicken, and other Southern classics, Buttermilk Kitchen is the perfect place to satisfy it.
- First Watch. With several convenient locations, First Watch blends quality, healthy food with unpretentious and welcoming surroundings.
- Sun in My Belly. Located in the trendy Oakhurst neighborhood, Sun in My Belly serves up a revolving menu of seasonal food, vegetarian staples, and Southern comfort meals.
For casual, drop-in dining, these are the best picks:
- R. Thomas. This quirky, 24/7 cafe-style restaurant boasts plenty of vegetarian and vegan fare, exceptional smoothies, and a small menagerie of friendly tropical birds.
- Manuel’s Tavern. Like The Capital Grille, Manuel’s has gained a reputation as a hub of political activity. You’ll probably see local activist meetups, and various political shows are always playing on TV. But you don’t have to get dressed up to get in on the action. Enjoy casual dining, great appetizers, and a friendly atmosphere.
- Mary Mac’s. Mary Mac’s pays homage to Atlanta’s agrarian roots by serving up an ever-evolving menu of traditional Southern fare. Enjoy mashed potatoes, collard greens, green beans, and amazing pies.
- Baraonda: Located next door to the Fox Theatre, Baraonda is the perfect stop after an evening performance. Its pizza is incredible, and its cooks are always dreaming up new and unique Italian offerings.
- MetroFresh: Now with two locations, MetroFresh offers a different seasonal menu each day. Customers enjoy soups, salads, sandwiches, and more, often made from locally sourced ingredients.
For seniors hoping for magical retirements, gourmet dining, and everything that life in the heart of the South offers, Renaissance on Peachtree is the perfect place to call home. We’d love to help you shape your ideal retirement. For more tips on retiring in style and making the most of every moment, subscribe to our blog.