Arbor Terrace of Decatur is proud to celebrate its 100% deficiency-free survey from the Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH). This rating indicates a community without any notable defects and is extremely rare in the senior care industry.
Arbor Terrace of Decatur: A Deficiency-Free Place to Call Home
The Georgia DCH annually investigates senior living communities to ensure they are providing quality care. The standards are high, and the overwhelming majority of communities have at least a few deficiencies. Something as seemingly trivial as not maintaining a specific record or not having someone on staff at the right time can earn a community a deficiency. The DCH conducts its annual surveys based on a combination of:
- Confidential interviews with residents
- Formal discussions with staff
- Objective performance quality measures
- Document reviews
- Safety inspections
Arbor Terrace’s status as a deficiency-free community indicates an absolute commitment to excellence. For loved ones anxious about the possibility of moving a senior into a senior community, this survey offers a clear demonstration that Arbor is a safe, loving environment.
Our Commitment to Quality Care
Arbor Terrace of Decatur believes in going above and beyond in everything we do. Our commitment to quality care is unparalleled, and it shows in each DCH survey. Safety comes first in every decision we make, but safety is just one important factor. We also work to ensure that:
- Each resident has unique opportunities to pursue the activities and relationships that matter most to him or her.
- We have programs available for seniors of various ability levels.
- Our gourmet chefs offer world-class nutrition and tasty meals.
- Our grounds are meticulously maintained.
- Each home is beautiful, welcoming and safe.
- Staff are caring, compassionate people who truly want the best for seniors.
We know that the transition to senior living can be stressful, particularly for seniors who don’t like change. We work to help each and every senior feel welcomed, even before they move in. Our team is thrilled to answer questions, talk about financial aspects of senior living and help loved ones talk to the senior in their life about living options.
Keys to Excellent Senior Living
No matter where your loved one chooses to spend his or her next chapter, we hope it will be the best chapter yet. So whether you choose Arbor Terrace or another community, we urge you to visit and ask lots of questions. Some guidelines for choosing excellent senior living include:
- Ask questions, and get clear answers.
- Visit the community during an active time of day, and eat a meal there.
- Ask about recent DCH surveys. If there were deficiencies, how have they been corrected?
- Inquire about staff training and licensing.
- Talk to residents about their lives and experiences.
- Read online reviews.
- Get feedback from others. Take a few loved ones with you on your tour.
- Make a list of what’s most important to your loved one, and choose a community that can meet each and every one of those needs.
Perhaps most importantly, trust your gut. While certain objective criteria should help you make your decision, don’t ignore your intuition. You and your loved one should feel good about your senior living choice. Continue the search until you find the community that feels right.
Come See Arbor Terrace for Yourself
As Decatur’s premier senior living community, Arbor Terrace of Decatur is always eager to welcome visitors. We love showing off our beautiful homes, elegant grounds and friendly staff. Come eat a meal here and enjoy some of the best cooking in metro Atlanta. Feel free to ask questions, wander around and get a feel for life at Arbor.