February is a time to show your love to friends, family, and romantic partners. It’s also a time to think beyond your metaphorical heart and consider your physical one. As you give heart-shaped chocolates and heart-covered teddy bears to loved ones, take a moment to celebrate Heart Health Month. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for most people groups in the United States. Every year, 610,000 people die of heart disease.
As you age, you become more vulnerable to an assortment of heart health woes. A healthy lifestyle, including a balanced diet and plenty of exercise, can help. In honor of Heart Health Month, the Vantage at CityView’s Chef Adam has a delicious, heart-healthy recipe.
Meet Chef Adam
Adam brings more than 28 years of culinary expertise to the Fort Worth community. He has served delicious and nutritious fare in hotels, restaurants, and retirement communities. His inspiration is his mother’s wholesome, homestyle cooking. Chef Adam is proud to offer tasty, nutritious meals to our residents. He loves baking desserts and planning parties.
Chef Adam’s Vantage Heart-Healthy Salmon Filet
Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which may help lower blood pressure and improve heart health. It’s also a high-protein, low-calorie alternative to steak, making it a savory choice for people watching their weight.
To make this delicious meal, you will need:
- Four 5- or 6-ounce skinless salmon filets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mrs. Dash salt-free seasoning to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
Steps to culinary perfection:
- Drizzle half of the olive oil on the filets, ensuring they are fully coated. Season both sides of salmon with Mrs. Dash and Italian seasoning. Lightly rub the herbs into the fish.
- Using a hot skillet and the remaining olive oil, sear salmon on both sides. Cook until brown. Then, lower the skillet to medium heat. Cook to desired color, or until the fish flakes when touched.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and sprig of parsley.
We’re proud to celebrate love in all of its many forms with our February Sweetheart Special! Move in by February 28, and qualify for two rent-free months.