Tinton Falls, nestled in the heart of New Jersey’s beautiful Monmouth County, offers residents the ideal mix of suburban charm and easy access to bustling New York City. It’s no wonder that people of all ages call Monmouth County their home, including older adults who choose to retire here.
If you or your loved one is looking for retirement options in Tinton Falls, you have many senior living options to choose from. Though it is a luxury to have multiple communities to choose from, it is also overwhelming to sort through the options. Here is a quick rundown of senior living options that are available throughout the Tinton Falls area, along with helpful tips for making your best decision.
Monmouth County has multiple independent living communities to choose from. Designed to promote wellness and socialization among older adults, independent living communities offer security without caregiver assistance. Ideal for active older adults who are no longer interested in keeping up with household chores, independent living communities can offer:
- Spacious apartments
- Chef-prepared meals a few times per day or per week
- Events and activities to enjoy on campus and trips into the greater community
- Wellness resources
- Amenities such as housekeeping and concierge services
- Easy access to transportation around town
You or your loved one may thrive in an independent living community if:
- You don’t need much hands-on assistance, but would benefit from a smaller apartment space.
- You are done with chores like lawn maintenance or cleaning.
- You would like to be able to visit with neighbors and friends who live right down the hall.
- You would like a luxury retirement lifestyle.
Many older adults (and their loved ones) would benefit from the peace of mind that comes with knowing that compassionate and qualified caregivers are right down the hall. Assisted living communities offer this comfort, along with features that preserve independence and quality of life. Perfect for an older adult who could benefit from kind assistance throughout the day or week, assisted living communities can also offer:
- Medication management services and medical follow-up from a nurse on staff
- Three chef-prepared meals per day, served in a social dining room setting
- Activities, events, concerts, and trips to enjoy with friends
- Easy access to transportation services around town to favorite spots and for medical appointments or other errands.
- Housekeeping, concierge, and maintenance services
- Beautiful, spacious apartments
You or your loved one may thrive in an assisted living community if:
- You or your loved one has fallen at home at least once in the past six months.
- You or your loved one has a complex or chronic medical condition that is difficult to manage while alone at home.
- You or your loved one feels lonely sometimes and wishes that there were friendly neighbors right down the hall.
- You or your loved one doesn’t like to cook three times per day and wishes someone else would do it instead.
For older adults living with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or another type of dementia, dementia care communities offer safety, security, and comfort. These specialized neighborhoods, typically nestled within an assisted living community, are designed for the challenges that can come with cognitive loss. Dementia care neighborhoods can offer:
- Family support groups and resources
- Specially trained staff who are always learning more about dementia and dementia-specific interventions
- Activities, events, and trips to improve socialization and encourage peaceful moments
- Delicious meals served in a dining room with neighbors, and adaptations for residents as needed
If you or your loved one has a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or another type of dementia, a dementia care neighborhood is an excellent choice for your or their current and future needs.
Want to learn more about senior living options throughout our area, along with local news that affects older adults? Subscribe to our blog.
At Arbor Terrace Shrewsbury, we excel at assisted living and dementia care solutions for our residents. Our team sets us apart from other communities in Tinton Falls because our entire staff is dedicated to fostering meaningful relationships with each of our residents and giving personalized care. We would love to show you what makes our home so special; call us today to learn more about our services.