What does your dream retirement look like? Do you want to garden, fish, and bask in the splendor of nature? Or are shopping, fine dining, and an active cultural life more your style? No matter how you hope to spend your next chapter, Canton, Georgia, offers a vibrant, affordable community with lush green space and convenient access to the cultural hub that is Atlanta. Independent living in Canton can help you make the most of life in this evolving, growing city.
Atlanta is one of the largest metropolises in the United States, with suburbs extending well beyond the boundaries of the city. Suburban sprawl hasn’t yet hit Canton, so the area retains its small-town charm. But for those who want to visit the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, the National Center for Civil and Human Rights, the Atlanta Ballet, or one of many other Atlanta attractions, Canton is just a 45-minute drive away from the city. Enjoy weekend trips for a hopping nightlife, then head back home for a cozy, traffic-free evening.
And if you want to stay closer to home, there’s plenty to do. The Cherokee Arts Center features a wide range of performing arts without the trip into Atlanta. Canton offers stunning natural beauty, including Etowah River Park and numerous other city parks. Fishing enthusiasts can find plenty of great catches in the water at Morgan Falls Overlook Park.
When you move to Canton, you get all the beauty of rural living, the friendly spirit of a small town, and the convenience of suburban life. What’s not to love?
Why Senior Living?
Independent senior living in Canton offers the independence of living at home, but in a luxurious, all-inclusive setting. Independent living communities boast gourmet dining, a rich variety of daily activities and special events, transportation, a ready-made community of friends, and plenty of help and support when you need it.
This makes it easier to take advantage of all Canton has to offer. After all, you’re no longer worried about meals or grocery shopping, and you have transportation when you need it. So enjoy a day on the town, or an evening in Atlanta.
The right senior living community can even help you live longer and healthier. Seniors who exercise and remain socially active tend to be healthier, and senior living makes both much easier. Even seniors who are skeptical of senior living often report being happier in senior living communities.
Independent senior living in Canton may be more affordable than you realize. By putting everything you need under one roof and rolling it into one price tag, senior living communities can help you save money. After all, you’ll no longer have a mortgage or need to save for home repair emergencies. To assess your budget and determine whether a senior living community can save you money, check out our cost calculator.
Questions to Ask Yourself
Many seniors dive into the search for senior living by looking to see what’s out there first. A better strategy is to consider your needs before you begin looking. This way flashy advertising won’t distract you. After all, independent senior living in Canton should adapt to your needs — not the other way around. Ask yourself some simple questions to assess what you need and want from your ideal senior living community:
- Are there specific locations that are important to me or attractions near which I want to live?
- What hobbies do I hope to continue to nurture?
- Do I need help with transportation?
- How do I hope to spend my time in senior living?
- What are the biggest frustrations I face in my daily home life, and what could remedy them?
- Is a continuum of care important to me? Seniors with chronic medical conditions should consider a community that also offers assisted living.
- What does my ideal home look like?
- How much space do I need?
- Do I have any friends in independent senior living in Canton who like their homes?
- What is my housing budget?
Questions to Ask the Community
Websites and blogs can offer a preview of each community. The best way to decide whether a community is right for you, however, is to visit in person. Some questions to ask during your visit include:
- What activities do you offer, and at what frequency?
- Do you offer transportation? What about community outings?
- Can I see what a unit looks like?
- Can I try a meal? What is the meal schedule? Can you manage unique nutritional needs?
- What if my needs change? Do you offer a continuum of care?
- Is there a staff member available 24/7?
- What amenities do you offer? Is there a pool, a library, or a community meeting area?
As you tour the community, consider how you feel. Do you like the decor? Does this place feel like home? Are the staff kind and friendly? This is your life, your retirement, and your decision. Don't rush into it. You deserve the perfect independent senior living community in Canton, so explore your options and trust your gut.
The Arbor Company would love to show you just how fabulous independent senior living in Canton can be. Give us a call or stop by to attend one of our community events. We’ve served seniors for more than 30 years, and we can’t wait to help you explore your options.