With the COVID-19 pandemic, precautions and safety procedures are more important than ever, and this is especially crucial for our residents, who are older and high-risk. Here at Arbor Terrace Exton, our team and community are equipped and designed to be safe against COVID-19 in order to keep our residents, their visiting loved ones, and staff well.
From touchless technology to social distancing, we follow all guidelines to make certain our residents feel safe and their loved ones feel reassured.
“Safety is our top priority here at Arbor Terrace Exton,” said Michael Haggerty, Executive Director. “We take the health and wellness of our residents seriously, and so we’ve made it our mission to ensure we’re doing everything possible to keep them protected.”
Read more here about what we’re doing to safeguard our residents and community during the coronavirus pandemic.
MASKS AND SCREENING
● Staff members wear masks at all times and we ask residents to wear masks whenever they leave their apartments or when a staff member is in their apartments.
● We screen every employee and resident daily (depending on care type), including taking their temperature and checking for symptoms.
● In our community, every public restroom has touchless openers, which residents can wave to open.
FILTERS AND VENTILATION
● We use MERV13 enhanced filters (highest-efficiency filtration against common household irritants up to bacteria and virus carriers) in all common areas, kitchen, and energy recovery ventilation units.
● We use paint shield microbicidal paint in all units and the majority of touchable surfaces in the common areas. This kills 99.9% of Staph, MRSA, E. coli, VRE, and Enterobacter aerogenes within two hours of exposure on painted surfaces, and the effectiveness lasts up to four years.
● We also have quartz countertops, which is a manmade product that is nonporous and inherently antimicrobial, in all units and dining areas.
PROMOTING SOCIAL DISTANCING
● In common areas, there are fewer sofas and more individual lounge seating, fewer family-style dining tables, and smaller dining tables.
● There’s also ample access to outdoor spaces, sunrooms, and balconies on all three levels of the building.
Contact us for more information about our safety practices, or to schedule a private showing to see them in action.